Traffic and parking info available for Waste Management Phoenix Open
Jan. 27, 2012
Contact: Sgt. Mark Clark, public information officer,
(480) 312-1910; pio@ScottsdaleAZ.gov
Traffic and parking info available
for Waste Management Phoenix Open
The Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament begins Monday, Jan. 30, and continues through Feb. 5 at the TPC Scottsdale, 17020 N. Hayden Road.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open annually leads the PGA TOUR in attendance, drawing crowds in excess of 100,000 on busy days. Spectators heading to the tournament are encouraged to carpool or take the free Hospitality Trolley to reduce congestion. Trolley information is available at Trolley.
To access free public parking with shuttle service to tournament gates, follow these directions:
- For those arriving from the west, exit the eastbound Loop 101 Freeway at Hayden Road and drive south to the parking areas.
- For those arriving from the south and east, exit at Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard, drive north to Bell Road, turn east to 94th Street and south into the WestWorld parking lots.
The free shuttles will operate Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday the shuttles will operate from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. On Sunday, the shuttles will operate from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
A traffic and parking map, plus other spectator information, is available at: Phoenix Open.
Several local street closures and restrictions also are in place during the week. Area residents are encouraged to use the Loop 101 Freeway instead of surface streets near the TPC. Significant closures in place from 6 a.m. Monday, Jan. 30, through 7 p.m. Feb. 5
- Bell Road, closed to all traffic from Perimeter Drive to Hayden Road.
- 82nd Street, closed to all traffic between Princess Drive and Bell Road
For a complete list of local road restrictions, visit: traffic restrictions report.
Several options are available to residents and visitors seeking up-to-the-minute traffic and parking conditions relating to the Open. They include:
- Public safety Twitter feeds from the Scottsdale Police Department. These timely messages include breaking traffic news relating to Scottsdale special events. Sign up here: http://twitter.com/scottsdalepd.
- The city of Scottsdale’s 312-CITY (2489) information hotline.
For a complete report of major traffic restrictions taking place in Scottsdale, sign up for the city’s weekly traffic restrictions report at https://eservices.scottsdaleaz.gov/listserve.
For more information on Scottsdale special events, visit the city’s website at www.ScottsdaleAZ.gov and click on the special events link under the “hot topics” area.