Special Events Packet
Tourism Event Support
It is the City’s goal to permit events that are safe and minimize adverse impacts to the quality of life for Scottsdale residents.
In order to help organizers of special events coordinate their plans with City requirements, we have compiled this user’s guide and application form that contains information related to the City’s review process.
What are Special Events?
- Events within the Rights-of-Way on streets and sidewalks
- Outdoor amplified sound
- Street Closures
- Events which may impact residents and/or businesses
- Any event which is not typical to a certain type of business or spills outside of a venue
The Special Events Committee reviews and approves Special Event permits on a weekly basis. The Committee's goal is to permit events, which are safe and do not adversely impact area residents and businesses. The committee contains staff representatives from various departments including Police, Fire and Traffic Engineering. Process Flowchart (pdf/16kb/1p)
Things to consider if you are having a Special Event Special Event Process Information.
Complete the Special Event Application (PDF/311kb)
Print the application form and bring into Planning, Neighborhood and Transportation at 7447 E Indian School Rd, Ste 100.
- Fire/Safety Application (PDF/281kb/1p)
- Bingo Applications
- Temporary Use of Public Right-of-Way
- Tent/Sidewalk Sale Application
- Marshall Way Bridge
- Within 65' of the SRP canal (SRP owns this buffer area on either side of the canal)
- Soleri Bridge
Contact: Matt Streeper
Refer to: SRP permit information
Downtown Staging Areas
5th Ave / Craftsman Court
Main Street Plaza
Special Event Committee Chair