A Guide To Using Scottsdale Airport During Super Bowl Week
The Valley of the Sun will soon play host to Super Bowl XLII on February 3, 2008. The City of Scottsdale and Scottsdale Airport (SDL) are busy getting ready for the big event. Below are some helpful resources to help make your visit a pleasant one.
|Pilot Resources||Traveler Resources||Resident Information|
Super Bowl Pilot Guide (PDF/294kb/2 pages)
Phoenix Terminal Radar Approach Control Letter To Airmen No. 08-01. Issued Jan. 15, 2008.
SDL has two FBOs that provide 24-hour service: fuel, maintenance, repairs, refurbishment, lodging information, ground transportation, catering and pilot and passenger lounges. Please contact your FBO as early as possible to be briefed on parking initiatives.
Security & Flight Information
- FAA – Check here for special NOTAMS and Flight Advisories.
- TSA – Check here for information about security at the airport.
- NBAA – Check here for en route spacing and Ground Delay and Air Flow Program information. For further questions in regards to these events contact NBAA GA Desk Assistant Manager Sue Ashley at: email@example.com
- Arizona Aviation Business Association (AZBAA)
International arrivals are asked to call 48-hours in advance.
- Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee
- Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau - Information on Super Bowl-related Events in Scottsdale
- Downtown Scottsdale – A Guide To Enjoying Super Bowl Week
- FBR Open
- Driving Directions From Scottsdale Airport To Area Events - best printed in color (PDF/78kb/1p)
Special events bring in many visitors each year to Scottsdale. These visitors often travel by airplane and helicopter to and from Scottsdale Airport.
Please be aware that with many special events happening in and around the city in January and February 2008, including Super Bowl XLII, the airport anticipates an increased number of airplanes and helicopters utilizing Scottsdale Airport, as well as all Phoenix metro-area airports.
The City of Scottsdale wants you to know that we are working with our partners to reduce the possible impact on nearby neighbors. For more information call Scottsdale Airport at (480) 312-2321.