Safety - Speed Awareness Program
A Three Step Approach
The Speed Awareness Program is a three step program designed to reduce neighborhood traffic speeds by increasing motorist awareness. Some reasons to get involved include:
- Vehicles traveling faster than the speed limit in your neighborhood.
- High number of traffic accidents in your neighborhood
- Pedestrian safety
The Speed Awareness Program is for two-lane residential streets only, and not designed for major streets (ex. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale Rd.). Speed trailers cannot be placed on private property (for ex., gated communities).
Residents participating in the program must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Scottsdale resident
- Possess a valid photo identification
- Agree to and comply with program rules
- Have at least one additional volunteer willing to assist with stage two of the program
How to Get Started
To get your neighborhood started in the program, please call (480) 312-2277(CARS).